A Poem for Chad (although I didn't know it at the time-he was only 7 yrs. old)

Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM

A Dream of Light

There was one who always listened
There was one who truly cared
Who held my heart in his warm hands (video: Feelin' Way Too Damn Good)
And kept it gently there

How he wanted to be there for me
When the dark came crowding in
How he longed to take me in his arms but... (cesura) (Faraway)
He only knew of me then

A Dream of Light was what he was
As he existed solely in my mind
When I awakened, he was gone
Real life has not yet been so kind

Still I know he's Somewhere for me (Someday)
In another time and place
And when we meet in a magic moment (Gotta Be Somebody for Me)
I trust I'll recognize his face (All the Right Reasons)

For who am I to rightly judge
The genuine from the sham
Didn't I feel his presence sure and true? (I thought it through-I got you to myself)
Wasn't that where it all began?

Maggie Ringland

Far Away

This time, this place
Misused, mistakes
Too long, too late
Who was I to make you wait?

Just one chance, just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
Cause you know, you know, you know (cesura)

I love you
I loved you all along
And I miss you from Faraway for far too long
I keep dreamin' you'll be with me and you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore

Chorus

On my knees I'll ask last chance for one last dance
Cause with you I'd withstand all of Hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all, I'd give for us, give anything but I won't give up
Cause you know, you know, you know (cesura)

Chorus

I wanned, I wanted you to stay
Cause I needed, I need to hear you say
I love you and I loved you all along
And I forgive you for bein' away for far too long

So keep breathin' cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it hold onto me never let me go, hold onto me never let me go,
hold onto me never let me go

Chad Kroeger-music by Nickelback

When Leonard and I wrote the review for Faraway, the part about Mike's baseline being a lullaby came from both of us. Leonard Bernstein taught me how to appreciate Danny Adair's drum lines and especially the base drum, and Ryan Peake's Second (not in the least) Guitar blended so well with Chad's First Guitar that we couldn't really hear it until recently. I don't know the whole story yet (Leonard Bernstein spiritually does, and he ain't telling), but the sturm and drang of this Love Story as well as the Gotta Be Somebody for Me part of it is beyond astonishing.

I really do keep Trying Not to Love You, Chad, but I can't help but keeping Holding Onto Heaven; ya goddamned Tease, you!

On the other hand, sometimes I just haven't gotten you figured out. You compose stunning music to draw me in for years and literally years. You finally have my attention and my love, but it still seems to me, Darling, that it's all about you. I handed you a heart more than worth breaking; and for some reason, you just keep breaking it. I honestly MUST be crazy--as a woman who goes back to the man who insists on continually neglecting her. I suspect I know why. I think you just want it to be perfect or some such other nonsense, when I could give a flying fig. As Boz Scaggs says, "What do you want the girl to do? Can't you see you're breaking her heart in two when all she really wants is you." But you never, ever stop pushing me away with both hands. It's still all about the idea of me rather than me to your mind, and you cannot seem to get beyond that, my Darling Chad. It's too bad, so sad. I don't accept messages from people I haven't met. Look what your money bought! Much as I want to, I can't bring myself to look-like the love letter you left in my clean laundry. And in "Defending Your Life," towards the end of the movie when she invites him up to his suite, and he says he just can't cause he's afraid of being judged, etc. He loves her so very, very much (and she right back), but he cannot allow himself to go to her; and as a result, he hurts both of them--so much. Now in that movie, Daniel overcomes his fear. What about you, my Darling Chad? What about you?

Your music literally saved my life when all I could see was darkness. Actually, it was your lyrical poetry and music, Mike's bass lines: (dum, dum, dum, da-dum) Danny's bass drum: dum-dum, da-dum. Faraway is so rich & full & absolutely amazing in its depth, it's honesty and its ability to comfort. Listening to Faraway and Wildfire in either direction gives aesthetics, life and beauty a depth of meaning heretofore untouched, plus a little Gino Vannelli, Richard Marx, Marnie Nixon, Steve Perry, Daughtry, etc. My rotator cuff is hurting like hell so I cannot begin to mention all of you--not just in music--but in all areas of aesthetics who, if we are to successfully stand together, will make a real difference. Bob Redford a huge hug and all my genuine admiration and love go out to you. And Paul sends his love but also a bag of mint chocolate cookies to guess who? I'm not to the point yet where Love can lead me into laughter and fun times. I'm into the part where it constantly hurts. So, I either have to grow him up (if he wants to) or ultimately find someone else. Right now, I so don't want anyone else. But I must hang on to my self-respect and my hard re-won integrity, as well as my ethics. Compromising those for anyone will find anyone back in Hell fast. Been there, done that, done with that!

Love always and forever (& I know what all those words truly mean),

Maggie Ringland a/k/a The Creator

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: A Poem for Chad (although I didn't know it at the time-he was only 7 yrs. old)

Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Of course, it's the old Chad Kroeger trick to duplicate the communication to indicate that he read it rather than actually respond to it. Old Scientology trick too. A;so, sorry for pointing this out. It's also inconsiderate and rude, and shows that you cannot originate communication to God. Still too many withholds and missed withholds. Maggie Ringland

2. Re: A Poem for Chad (although I didn't know it at the time-he was only 7 yrs. old)

Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Hold on to me never let me go...