Far Away

Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I watched your video for far away. I was a Wild land Firefighter for 5 years. You used Structural Firefighters to portray a wild land firefighter situation. This takes away from those who risk their lives fighting wildfires to portray them with better equipment than they actual have. There is no air tanks for wild land firefighters. We breath in the smoke from the fires and our Nomax gear doesn't protect us from fires. It is less protection than the structural firefighters have.
I realize that this is a music video but for those people out there who have no idea what gear a wild land firefighter has this gives them false information and when you hear that a crew was lost on a fire such as what happened in Arizona this year, realize that these folks didn't have any air tank or any such amenities as that then maybe people will understand just how dangerous the job really is.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Far Away

Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM

dude, it's a music video. You don't have to learn from a music video what they have and what they do. In the music video from Savin' Me, you don't learn how to save people and if you believe that the notes above their heads are real, you are really stupid