The "Gotta Get Me Some" lyric mystery...

Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM

[Be kind. It's my first post and I searched everywhere here to be sure that this hasn't been covered before. But if it has, chalk it up to a "rookie" mistake...]

If there's one thing a journalist is good at, it's wasting time online doing "research" on whatever little bit of trivia pops into their head.

In this case it's a "cryptic" lyric from their song "Gotta Get Me Some". Midway through the song is a line about something, something, something else "on a new Ferrari."

It's been bugging me that I can't suss out for certain what the words in that line are. But at least I'm not alone, as a search of the Interweb reveals that lyric sites can't agree on what it is either.

They almost all, however, seem to use one of these "possibles":

“Looks just like a sticker on a new Ferrari”
“Flickers like a sticker on a new Ferrari”
“It looks like a sticker on a new Ferrari”
“Bent just like the sticker on a new Ferrari”
“It fits just like a sticker on a new Ferrari”

If anyone can shed light on this subject I'd appreciate it. Perhaps you purchased the actual CD and have the answer spelled out in the liner notes. Perhaps you're a band member and know what you sing every time you perform it. Or you just THINK you know and are bold enough to stake your forum reputation on your interpretation.

Regardless, I need to be rid of this mental irritant so I can move on to a more relevant project, like tracking down the little-known movies that feature nude scenes of now-famous actresses and models. I'm going to win a Pulitzer for my in-depth reporting on that subject, I can feel it...

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: The "Gotta Get Me Some" lyric mystery...

Wed, May 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM

number 2 wins it

"flickers like a sticker"

it's in the lyrics in the cover of the CD