Background of the songs

Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Hey everybody.
Tell me, how would you interpret these songs:
This means war
Gotta be somebody
Something in your mouth
Curb

I would be really interestied in what you think...

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Background of the songs

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Something In Your Mouth is very provocative, as I said in my PMs, one of the less angelic songs. To be blunt, it's about certain sexual practices. Read the lyrics carefully, and if you still wonder, message me privately again. As for Gotta Be Somebody, oh, that first line! The only English word I could think of was plaintive. To me, it means wishing for true love that lasts forever. Yeah, opposite ends of the spectrum. This Means War seems like either some sports, military or some similar reference. I almost thought it could have been a criticism of U.S. military aggression, but I was just guessing. Curb is more metaphorical and I'd have to check out the lyrics again. Those early ones are harder to grasp. Anyone got ideas?
    Jane Brackrog
    2 Cor. 4:7-10

2. Re: Background of the songs

Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM

This means war- is after his longtime partner demanded alimony. He said "I don't want to end up back in court"
    Gotta be somebody- I know there is someone for me/ after a breakup or between realtionships
    Something in your mouth- you're so sexy/ after an... encounter(trying to stay decent, here!)
    Curb- his friend killed his gf in a head on crash.

-'That Kid'