Worldwide Flash Mob Dance for "When We Stand Together"

Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM

This the idea: The song message is about being united and taking care of one another. I was thinking it would be cool to do a flash mob for the song and then I got to thinking how cool it would be to have flash mobs all around the world execute their dances at the same time. Then each group submits their video and then create a final video of the flash mob dance where it moves from one group to the next and there would be a text box showing the location (e.g. Hawaii, London, Frankfurt, China). Each group could have t-shirts with their country's flag or maybe with some coordinated effort, one style of shirt for all the groups. The tricky part is deciding on a start time due to the vast differences in time zones. The day of the week should be chosen to afford maximum participation without concern for work. I was thinking of sometime in May which would allow sufficient time to coordinate, practice and finalize arrangements. If we could get a choreographer to volunteer to put together a simple dance routine, that would be great also.
I am posting this here because I figure Nickelback has fans all around the world and thus, it is easier to link up with people who would be willing to take the lead in their part of the world. Additionally, it would be great to get some support from the band along with their consent for using their song.
So, anyone game for doing this??? Would be a fitting tribute to the song and I don't think anyone has tried to coordinate flash mob dances in multiple locations at the same time before.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Worldwide Flash Mob Dance for "When We Stand Together"

Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Only just joined the site - did anything ever come of this think its a great idea
    Better to Burn Out than Fade Awayyyyy

2. Re: Worldwide Flash Mob Dance for "When We Stand Together"

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

now that was a gr8 one!
    Marcos